Sunday, September 30, 2007

My Authentic Self

# 79 - Powerful
I wrote a post recently about the feeling of power that children have, up to a certain age, when they believe they can do/be anything. It made me think about when I felt most powerful in my own life. So that's the prompt this week:When in your life did you feel the most powerful? Was it childhood? College? Now? What is that feeling like; what does it mean? Do you have power over your own life, or are you not feeling that so much these days? If you don't want to get serious, you might imagine superhero powers, and what you would do with them.Curious to hear what you'll say!

I feel like when I'm in between relationships or jobs or decisions, there is a sense of freedom and power to create the life I want. The world is whatever I want it to be. My life is whatever I choose to create. It's not that being in a relationship or having a job is a bad thing obviously but I honestly feel that I sometimes feel "stuck" or "obligated". I know this to be my own perception and that I still have the freedom to make my own choices. It's just that other people are effected by my choices and this in itself limits the choices I have. I just had a birthday, the big 40 and with a 23 year old son, an 18 year old daughter, I now feel the sky is the limit in regards to how I choose to live my life. My authentic life is just beginning and I am sooooo excited.

No comments: