Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sunshine and Roses

Sunshine and Roses September 20, 2007
Filed under: Wordpress — --Deb @ 1:02 am

The reverse of last week’s question:
Imagine that everything is going just swimmingly. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and all’s right with the world. You’re practically bouncing from health and have money in your pocket. The kids are playing and laughing, the puppy is chewing in the cutest possible manner on an officially-sanctioned chew toy, and in between moments of laughter for pure joy, you pick up a book to read . . .
What is it?

Most likely I will have three books in progress (one non-fiction (usually a memoir), one fiction and usually one self improvement like motivational or new agey (The Power of Now)) and will pick one of those up. Nothing different than what I'd be reading in general. I find that the music I listen to changes depending on my mood rather than the reading. Currently I'm reading The House of Giants by Elizabeth McCracken and that is what I'd reach for today.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

This is a tough question! Music is defintely a mood-driven thing for me. I constantly have music in my life, playing when I'm home or in the car. If I'm in a bad mood, I like loud angry Chick Rock, like Alanis Morsette or L7. If I'm in a good mood, usually something a little more mellow!

Happy Thursday!

Mei said...

I agree that music can definitely change a mood. I can't concentrate on music with words while I'm reading, though, so I usually switch on some classical--lots of strings!

Anonymous said...

I too read 3 books at any given time! I juggle according to my mood and time!