Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Poetry.com

I don't know what came over me the other day but I responded to one of those unsolicited emails asking me to submit a poem and possibly get published and/or win cash money. Cash money is good, publishing is good but that junk email was just that JUNK.
So today in the mail I get a letter with my poem showing through the envelope window and I have to admit it felt good to see "my poem" in print. Then I read the letter stating that my artistic talent stood out above thousands of others and they offered to sell me a leather bound book with my poem printed inside, something like The Library of Poetry Volume I for the mere price of $40. Wow, I can pay $40 for a book full of poetry and my poem inside. No thanks. I hesitated as I threw it in the trash but nevertheless, I threw it away because lately I have been having nightmares due to the clutter all along the side of my bed and on my nightstand and dresser.

2 comments:

mr & ms CabDriverLol said...

lol !

mr & ms CabDriverLol said...

I was checking out who else likes the movie 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' and your blog came up.

Good luck on your goal of achieving your 'authentic self'. It's a noble quest :oP